Please send your CV to Darren Hailstones, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
£11 per hour/annum + extensive benefits + circa £3k service charge
Why work for us?
Interested in advancing your career in hospitality? Looking for an inspiring Highland adventure where you can develop your professional skills as part of an award-winning, collaborative, and supportive team? It is our warm welcome, both for our guests, and equally for new members of the team, that we are most proud of. We have a fabulous and happy team, all of whom share our philosophy and passion.
So, if you have the right mix of experience, ambition and dedication, along with a good sense of fun and an appetite for the beautiful Scottish wilderness, then we want you on our team!
Who we are
Highland Coast Hotels are a collection of unique hotels located along the North Coast 500 with our people at the very heart of what we do. Spirit, warmth, authenticity, that’s what we look for. We encourage curiosity, energy, passion and fun. Creating experiences that exhilarate and enlighten our guests as we showcase the very best in Highland Hospitality. It’s important to us that we nurture and develop our people to be the very best they can be. Training and career opportunities are on offer along with fabulous work locations, great rates of pay, flexible hours and lots of other lovely perks.
Find out more at www.highlandcoasthotels.com
Working at Tongue Hotel
Located in a sleepy Highlands village in one the most remote areas on world-renowned North Coast 500, Tongue Hotel is located towards the most northerly point of Scotland, in northern Sutherland. Built in the 1800s, Tongue Hotel is a former sporting lodge that still carries the same historic charm today. Overlooking the beautiful sea loch of Kyle, the rugged Ben Loyal and gentle Ben Hope jot out from the land above.
Originally owned by the Duke of Sutherland, the hotel boasts 19 unique bedrooms and many original features steeped in history, the hotel has a romantic, enchanting feel which delights and excites all who enter here.
Your working day can be very busy especially during the summer months but a great work/life balance is encouraged, and with the great outdoors at your feet, there a number of activities to enjoy during your downtime whether its hiking up the local mountains for breath taking views across northern Sutherland and Caithness or enjoy leisurely walks along the quiet shoreline. For more experiences you can enjoy trips into the nearby Durness or Thurso (famed for its surfing waves) and even the Isle of Orkney.
What we can offer you
- For this fantastic role we are offering £10 per hour. You can also earn up to £3k per annum in gratuities which we pay out monthly.
- 28 days annual leave per annum plus and additional day off to celebrate your birthday, we are big on celebrating YOU!
- Flexibility – full time and part time opportunities are available for this role
- Ongoing training programme and support for your Personal Development Plan
- Opportunities to train across different departments and gain recognised qualifications
- We have a lovely staff uniform – practical but stylish. On your first day you will also receive your new-starter Goodie Bag to welcome you to the team.
- Delicious free staff meals when you are working on shift. We offer healthy options but some nice treats too!
- Refer a Friend incentive scheme
- Discount for you and your friends & family on accommodation, food and beverages
- We have FREE live-in accommodation available, suited to individuals or couples. Rooms include TV and Wi-Fi, as well as fortnightly grocery shop with a click and collect service
- Travel allowance for you to reach us when you start your contract, and one return visit home per season paid for by us (UK ONLY).
- Where available, shared use of hotel bikes, golf clubs and paddle boards (or discounted rates with our experience partners)
- Starfish Rewards & Recognition programme that celebrates all the wonderful little things we do each day
- Cycle to work scheme and receive up to 42% off a new bike and accessories
- If you wear glasses and use a screen at work, we will support with a contribution towards a new pair
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme for confidential support and advice for you and your family
- Seasonal staff parties and local social events
- ‘Family dinners’ where we come together as a team to relax and enjoy good company and great food
As Housekeeping Assistant you will be part of a team responsible for maintaining high standards of cleanliness in our guest bedrooms and public areas. Delivering a warm and authentic service to our guests, making it a truly memorable experience.
What we need from you
This role is the perfect starting point for those who want to kick-start their career in hospitality therefore, experience is not essential. We provide training and support throughout your career journey, all we ask is you have the passion to become a hospitality professional and the desire to deliver great service!